How to ComplyFor Intellica, web accessibility (section 508) is about allowing people with disabilities to have access to the websites and applications we develop. For the rest of you, if you’re looking for information about Section 508 compliance, you’ve come to the right place. When it comes to web development, Intellica Corporation can assist you with Section 508 compliance, we can audit your software, web and mobile sites, or applications for compliance and help you fix compliance violations quickly and painlessly.
What is Section 508?Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) (29 USC § 794d) requires that electronic and information technology (EIT) be accessible to people with disabilities. EIT includes:
- Web and mobile sites and applications
- Hardware (computers, networks, printers, etc.)
Section 508 applies to all:
- Government agency or administrations of a federal program
- Vendors or contractors developing for a government agency
- Educational institutions that receive federal funds via the Assistive Technology Act
Intellica Corporation has proven performance history in the delivery of Section 508 compliant systems. Choosing us will provide you with a partner that has done this successfully and will ensure that your system will be Section 508 compliant. We can help!